Tuesday, February 7, 2017

The day has come!


Well, today is finally the day!  I am currently at the Indianapolis airport as I write this post.  I knew today would be extremely hard, having to say goodbye to all my friends and family and all the things I love in the USA.  But it's also the start of a great new adventure, so I am striving to look on the upside!










Things have been pretty stressful trying to prepare... making sure my bags were under the weight limit, ensuring I packed all the vital things I would need... My permanent retainer actually fell out an hour before I was supposed to be at the airport, but luckily, I was able to stop by my dentist to get that fixed (shout out to Dr. Knotek for squeezing me in today).




I must say, I have had a wonderful extended Christmas break, being able to spend plenty of time with my friends and family.  For New Years, my sister and I were able to visit our cousin Kate in downtown Nashville- which was a complete blast! Last week, I visited my mom and grandmother in KY to go out to dinner at our favorite steakhouse- Columbia's- and go to a UK basketball game!  It has been great being able to spend plenty of time in Greenfield, relaxing and going to all my favorite Greenfield restaurants one last time with my dad.  Plus, I've had the chance to catch up with one of my best friends, Lauren, who will be studying abroad in Germany later this semester.  And to top it all off, I've been able to make plenty of memories with my friends at Purdue.  Last weekend, I had my "paddle night" (when a girl turns 21), and it was quite memorable to say the least.















My first stop will be in LAX, and then I will be traveling to Sydney, then Armidale.  I will be flying for 20+ hours, not including the long lay-overs between flights.  It'll be exhausting, but definitely worth it in the end.  It's amazing to me to think that I am, quite literally, going to be living half way around the world for 4 months.  While I know I will enjoy my time immensely in Australia, I know time will fly by, and I will be back in the USA once again before I know it!  Stay tuned for stories and pictures of my arrival.  For now, I will be (trying) to sit back and relax on my flight.


-Hallie

No comments:

Post a Comment