Friday, March 17, 2017

St. Patrick's Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


In honor of the holiday, I decided to do a throwback blog post to my study abroad experience this time last year.  For spring break '16, I participated in the "Agriculture in Ireland" program where I got to explore the country, become immersed in the culture, and of course, learn a bit about Irish agriculture methods.

One of my favorite places in Ireland was Dublin.  I really enjoyed going to the UCD College to learn more about their agriculture programs.  Ireland is known for dairy cattle production.  While in Dublin, we got to explore Temple Bar- the pub scene- which consisted of numerous pubs.  The night life was fantastic and everywhere seemed so alive!  We also got to tour the Guinness factory and drink a free pint- one of my favorite parts.








Throughout my time in Ireland, we also go to visit numerous historic sites, museums, and castles.  I particularly liked climbing the stairs of the Blarney Castle and kissing the Blarney Stone for good luck.  I must say, though... looking down from the tall castle was pretty scary!







While on our trip, we spent numerous hours in a bus, traveling from city to city.  It wasn't too bad, though, because the view of the country side was absolutely beautiful.  Here is a road-side picture of our trek to the Cliffs of Moher.  








Speaking of the Cliffs, this has to be another one of my favorite places I got to see in Ireland.  The view was clearly spectacular.  Even though Ireland is known for having constant rain, our group lucked out because it didn't rain a single day we were there- making our view of the Cliffs perfect.  Not going to lie, I was pretty scared when taking this picture, though.  There is literally nothing to catch a fall, making the Cliffs pretty dangerous.





I had such a fantastic time in Ireland that I really hope I get the opportunity to go back someday.  For now, I hope you all have a fantastic St. Patrick's Day!  And remember... It's always a lovely day for a Guinness. 😉


Cheers,

Hallie


No comments:

Post a Comment